About Rummy Circle
Rummy Circle is India’s largest rummy website and a flagship product of Play Games24x7, a pioneer in the Indian online and mobile gaming space. Today, they are the highest-grossing mobile gaming business with millions of users across the country. It was started way back in 2006 when their founders who had a great passion for online gaming saw the potential in bringing online games to a nascent Indian market and established the business in Mumbai.
Rummy Circle’s business was scaling at a great pace with more and more users signing up on a daily basis. They wanted to ensure that their technical team and infrastructure is well equipped to handle the exponential growth they were witnessing. Without a carefully coordinated combination of software development and IT operations (DevOps), businesses risk impacting the software release cycle, slowing time to market, and being overtaken by faster-moving competitors.
CloudCover helped Rummy Circle innovate and transform their legacy applications running on-premise by moving them to AWS and further re-architect them to make them cloud-ready. The main focus here was to reduce the time to delivery and improve scalability by making all the processes faster and simpler in the entire organization.
- To achieve more fault tolerance and scalability
- Maintain high availability of customer’s infrastructure and thereby improve the pace and quality of deliverables
- Cost-effective provisioning and maintenance of immutable infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code
- To leverage the advantage of Spot Instances to run and scale applications and thereby reduce operational costs
Infrastructure Components - AWS
CloudCover designed and started the customer’s journey into the Cloud by structuring into 3 phased solutions — Vector (Migrations), Evolve (Transformations) and Boost (Optimizations).
The first phase was migrating their entire stack from their current on-premise location to AWS.
CloudCover facilitated this migration by carefully documenting their inventory of application which consisted of a fairly complex setup of databases, messaging queues and applications.
With the inventory in hand, CloudCover began developing Terraform and Ansible templates to initialize the infrastructure on AWS, followed by working with the customer to migrate their data and application over to AWS with minimal to zero downtime.
CloudCover, under its Evolve solution offering, helped the customer evolve their AWS presence by leveraging automation technologies and improving their time to market. Each component of the infrastructure was independently automated by means of Terraform and Ansible templates. This introduced flexibility and scalability to their current environment and allowed them to customize the use of templates by expanding them for newer tools and configurations. CloudCover also provided assistance to the Rummy Circle’s DevOps team by the means of walkthroughs and reusable documentation on extending the practice of automation for future use-cases.
CloudCover believes that after evolving with the cloud, the next frontier of operations is leveraging cloud-native services to the fullest. Under the Boost offering, CloudCover is helping the customer define their cloud presence on the fronts of security, automation, and cost by leveraging Containers and Serverless technology where necessary and carrying out well-architected reviews.
CloudCover is also working with Rummy Circle to build a Data platform on top of Amazon S3 by implementing a usable and cost-effective data lake which will allow their teams to gain valuable insights out of their immensely growing platform.
Architecture Diagram CI/CD
- Migrated 70 different applications and 10 different databases from premises to cloud using Terraform
- Built the entire environment with 300+ servers and 40+ load balancers to launch (or shutdown) in 10 mins
- While doing this, CC added in automation by building CI/CD pipelines
- Rummy Circle achieved cost optimization and ease of operations by running the stack on AWS & Spotinst
- Deploying applications to the cloud meant RummyCircle's application was running closer to their customers, resulting in lower latency with a better user experience
- Implementing Infrastructure as Code increased the standardization of rollouts, reduced risks and chances of running into human errors and massively increased developer productivity
- Added in Autoscaling, Alarming, Fault Detection and empowered their team to build more through knowledge transfer
- Introduced a DevOps centric culture within the developers at Rummy Circle, giving them the power to set up infrastructure within mins and allowing them to test their own code
How can we help?
At CloudCover, we are always looking forward for the next challenge. Drop us a line, we would love to hear from you.
Thanks for writing us! We'll be in touch real quick.Back to website