- Masters in English, English Literature, Philosophy. -OR-
- Masters in Journalism, Media Studies, Communications, Public Relations
We are seeking a talented Technical Content Writer to join our high performing technology team, someone who is a passionate writer with a superior command of the English language. The job entails working closely with a team of Consultants to develop, enhance, review and research content appropriate for the market in which the Company competes. This is an exciting opportunity to work at the edge of technology services evolution amidst a cadre of super smart technologists. The company offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and working conditions and a supportive, collegial environment.
- Creation of project documentation, presentations, blogs and white papers
- Creation of engaging marketing content for use across all digital channels
- Close collaboration with consulting technologists in copy proofing, editing and tone of voice.
- Development of a keen understanding of Company products, services and methodologies. Content creation that is technical in nature but avoids the use of buzzwords.
- Market research including interviews, some high level ethnographic and compilation / accumulation of extant public arena data.
- Enhance documentation with illustrations, diagrams, charts, inline with company style guide
- Coordinate the publication and distribution of technical materials online.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of company style guides especially with controlled vocabularies, syntax guides.
- Work with the design teams and other contributors to ensure compliance with the style guides
- Proactively keep abreast of developments in the technology space with a focus on Cloud.
- Brainstorming new content ideas & producing initial storytelling concepts
- Superior technical writing skills
- Ability to adopt various tones of voice
- Demonstrated accuracy and reliability in proofreading and copyediting
- Demonstrated passion for technology and ability to translate technical concepts into easily understandable language
- Superior English language competency. Familiarity with Blackie, Roget, Chicago Manual of Style, OED.
- Demonstrated understanding of Marketing and Branding communications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be part of a team and contribute to a team goal
- Competent to verify accuracy, completeness, consistency and maintainability of technical content by reviewing content against builds and/or internal releases and manage a complete portfolio of the published content.
- Blogger writing technical articles, blogs, video-blogs
- Experience developing documentation and online help for software applications
- Experience working in agile development teams
- Experience working with a cloud-based content delivery system
- Experience working with multiple authoring tools
- Experience writing software/platform documentation
- Experience in content management systems
- Hands-on with technical content information development processes comprising content planning, content creation, and content review.
- Follows technical blogs specifically related to any of the following: cloud computing, cloud migrations, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, Data Engineering, Data Migration, Data Analytics, Data Sciences
- Detail-oriented, well-organised and possess the ability to work in cross-functional teams while managing multiple projects under competing deadlines.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in simple text.
Our mission is to unlock the human potential for creative, strategic, and sustainable impact by eliminating cloud and IT operations that are repetitive and devoid of value. To accomplish this mission, we need to include humans from all walks of life. So, we actively seek to promote and celebrate diversity and inclusiveness in our embrace of human talent.
We welcome you as you are without regard to your gender, race, caste, color, age, sexual orientation, country of origin, religion, physical or neurological challenges, veteran status, or marital status.
Interested in this role?
CloudCover might be the right place for you, click on the apply button below and send in your resume.Apply
How can we help?
At CloudCover, we are always looking forward for the next challenge. Drop us a line, we would love to hear from you.
Thanks for writing us! We'll be in touch real quick.Back to website
Applying for Technical Content Writer
We are always looking for talented folks that push us to be bolder, dream bigger, and perform better.
Thank you for applying!
We will review your application and get in touch soon.Back to website