The approach will involve first-level research & ideation followed by the adaptation and conversion of content for digital websites, blogs, articles and multiple other forms of technical contents. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a startup that provides fast track growth opportunities along with the opportunity to receive support, time & guidance to develop your own personal writing projects!
- Creation of technical documents for ongoing projects
- Create engaging marketing content keeping SEO/digital guideline essentials in mind
- Work closely with the Solution Architects, Project Managers, DevOPS Leads, Data Science & Analytics teams to understand the projects and create technical documents around those projects
- Plan and develop documentation deliverables for multiple projects, often under tight deadlines and coordinate the work of other contributors
- Produce an array of technical content including user manuals, product factsheets, standard operating procedures, technical design specifications, API documentation, etc.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management teams and Subject Matter Experts to obtain an in-depth understanding of our platforms, product features, end-user requirements.
- Collect data by interviewing SMEs, developers and other technical personnel, researching written material, and attending demonstrations in order to become familiar with product technology and develop methods in order to translate data to easy to understand, user-friendly written documentation
- Enhance existing and new documentation with the inclusion of illustrations, diagrams, charts, navigation controls, etc. while adhering to standards for graphics, format, style and workflow.
- Coordinate the publication and distribution of technical materials online.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Continually evaluate current content and manage updates or revisions to technical literature.
- Proactively keeping abreast of developments in the Internet technologies industry.
- Review and edit technical documents for adherence to quality standards.
- Brainstorming new content ideas & producing initial storytelling concepts
Required Skill Set
- MUST be super passionate about writing and technology!
- Ability to research & write on varied topics including those of a technical nature
- Effective written (English language) and verbal communication skills
- Follows technical blogs specifically related to any of the following: cloud computing, cloud migrations, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, Data Engineering, Data Migration, Data Analytics, Data Sciences
- Should have working knowledge and interests to pursue career in of any of the following: cloud computing, cloud migrations, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, Data Engineering, Data Migration, Data Analytics, Data Sciences
- Detail-oriented, well-organised and possess ability to work in cross-functional teams while managing multiple projects under competing deadlines.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in simple text.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be part of a team and contribute to a team goal
- Strong writing skills, excellent command of grammar, diction, and conventions and best practices of writing a variety of technical documents.
- Competent to verify accuracy, completeness, consistency and maintainability of technical content by reviewing content against builds and/or internal releases and manage a complete portfolio of the published content.
Good to have
- The desired candidate could be a blogger writing technical articles, blogs, video-blogs (YouTuber)
- Experience developing documentation and online help for software applications
- Experience working in agile development teams
- Experience working with a cloud-based content delivery system
- Experience working with multiple authoring tools
- Experience with mixed media, such as video
- Experience writing software/platform documentation
- Experience in content management systems and/or help tools
- Experience creating materials in an agile or start-up development environment
- Hands-on with core technical content information development processes comprising of content planning, content creation, and content review.
Our mission is to unlock the human potential for creative, strategic, and sustainable impact by eliminating cloud and IT operations that are repetitive and devoid of value. To accomplish this mission, we need to include humans from all walks of life. So, we actively seek to promote and celebrate diversity and inclusiveness in our embrace of human talent.
We welcome you as you are without regard to your gender, race, caste, color, age, sexual orientation, country of origin, religion, physical or neurological challenges, veteran status, or marital status.
Interested in this role?
CloudCover might be the right place for you, click on the apply button below and send in your resume.Apply
How can we help?
At CloudCover, we are always looking forward for the next challenge. Drop us a line, we would love to hear from you.
Thanks for writing us! We'll be in touch real quick.Back to website
Applying for Technical Content Writer
We are always looking for talented folks that push us to be bolder, dream bigger, and perform better.
Thank you for applying!
We will review your application and get in touch soon.Back to website